Gastric sleeve surgery - how much weight can you lose?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics 22 years experience
Sleeve gastrectomy : Patients typically lose about 60-65% of their excess body weight by a year to year and a half. That means if you are 100lbs overweight, you would lose 60-65 lbs. If you are 200 lbs overweight, you would lose 120-130 lbs.
Dr. Brad Snyder
Specializes in General Surgery
Sleeve surgery: Is safe and effective. It works through several hormonal pathways and not just restriction (e.g. Ghrelin, glp-1, pyy, etc). These honors take hunger away. Lifestyle changes are required for all bariatric surgeries. When all goes away, patients lose 60-75 lbs, for every 100 lbs they are over weight.