Australia

i have some bumpy red dots inside my mouth but only on the left side. a cluster of them towards entrance of the mouth but inside. what could this be?

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn answered
Dentistry 38 years experience
Can be deadly: Red sores in the mouth can be many things. Canker or cold sores, erythroplakia, or candidiasis to name a few. Some red lesions are oral cancer. Cancers usually start out small and painless at first but grows and spreads quickly. Early diagnosis and treatment is the key. Dentist look for these lesions in routine dental exams. Don't hesitate to have them checked by a doctor.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Red dots: The probability is that your "dots" are benign, but not always. Cannot tell you what caused them without examination as there are many different types of red lesions that appear in the mouth. Most are completely gone in 2 weeks from onset. If not, important that you see your Dentist or an Oral Surgeon for examination.
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Really any kind of provider could give you an opinion and refer to a specialist if needed.
May 20, 2019
Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
Specializes in Healthcare Professional
GP first.Duration of ''red dots"'
May 21, 2019