my friend had 6 chemotherapy sessions for cervical cancer. why is she having severe pain in her bones ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Ask her oncologist!: I am sure her oncologist would be happy to help you in this matter. There can be many reasons for having bone pains, so you will need to provide me a detailed history of what all has been done to her since her diagnosis of cervix cancer. That is why her doctor is the best person to ask your questions. You and her oncologist need to check if pain is due to further spread(progression) of cancer.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
1
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Yes ,some times will: Don't have to have bone metastasis to have bone pains from chemotherapy , some times seen as one of side effects , pain medication, warm compresses and activity will help , speak to the oncologist
Answered on Feb 14, 2014
1