please explain why does my knee bruise easily?

Do you bump it?: Do you have any type of bleeding disorder or do you take medications that affect platelets or clotting?

How long will it take for my knee bruise to get better?

Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
2-3 weeks: Contusions usually take 2-3 weeks to resolve.

Is there a cure for bruise (that's pretty swollen for a week already) on the knee before a week?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 52 years experience
You don't: Significant contusions take 3-6 weeks to resolve.

Bruise behind my knee, what is this?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 52 years experience
A bruise: If it causes pain and does not improve, then have a doctor take a look.

What do you recommend if I have a bruise on my knee and it feels like a bump but it is not raised. Should i get it looked at?

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Yes.: You should see a non-surgical sports medicine doctor, who can determine the exact nature of the problem. It could be a little scar tissue, or, perhaps an inflammed bursa (bursitis).
New Castle, IN

I'vehad this bruise on my knee for about three weeks. I have a ping pong sized hard bump on it. It is black and blue with a light center? What is it?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Hematoma: This is a benign blood clot due to some type of trauma. It will not be any danger to you. As it resolves the center can be lighter. You can hasten its resolution with application of external heat and hot packs. This will help the body remove the clotted blood. Your physician can confirm the diagnoses and see if other issues should be considered. Sometimes it can be aspirated.

Last updated Jan 3, 2016