Saint Louis, MO
A 50-year-old female asked about a 54-year-old male:

could my dad be having a mild stroke if his symptoms are shaking hands, loss of balance?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Possibly, and: If this has appeared suddenly in him, he does need to be medically evaluated asap. Get him to an er now. Other more chronic conditions such as parkinson's disease can cause similar symptoms but are not sudden in onset.
Pathology 49 years experience
Could be: If you suspect stroke, it is important to take him to a hospital immediately so that he may be given clot busting treatment if indicated. He needs to get to the hospital asap.
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Yes: Would take him to the hospital now. Shaking may be weakness. This maybe a warning of something bigger. Best to do everything you can now to understand what is going on and what can be done about it.