Dayton, OH

after having a motorcycle accident how long after is it safe to get & adjustment? which is better to seek treatment for this a do or a chiropractor?

Dr. Gabriel Betancourt
It depends...: If you've already recovered from the accident, you could get an adjustment now. I don't like to make generalizations about which kind of doctor you should see as there are good and bad doctors in every field of medicine. Whichever doctor you decide to go see, you should make them well aware of your recent motorcycle accident so that they could come up with a treatment plan specific to you.
Dr. Guy Fogel
Orthopedic Surgery 44 years experience
Need medical clear: I recommend a thorough evaluation of the spine and at least xrays to rule out any damage from the motorcycle before considering a manipulation that could aggravate any physical injury from the motorcycle accident.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016