West Lebanon, NH
A 29-year-old female asked about a 35-year-old male:

my fiance is a iv drug user and has persistent rash on back that resembles acne but are filled with pus and blood. what could this be?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Why not cystic acne?: It could be folliculitis, and that could be colonized with MRSA given his risk factor, but cannot say for sure via internet. Needs antibacterial ; drying soap to try to open up / kill off and improve skin health (then skin conditioner later). Also needs drug treatment / rehab to prevent recurrence.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
See doctor ASAP: Sounds like something serious and she needs to see a doctor asap and get treated.