How do i get my baby to sleep in a crib?

Dr. Michael Pappas
Routine: Most of us have a routine that prepares us for sleep. You can do the same for your baby, by clearly letting him/her know that bedtime is near. Try to always perform the same routine before bedtime, e.g. Bath, rocking, singing, etc so your little one always is ready for bed. Eventually your baby will get the message. Even if they cry, gently reassure and leave the room.
Consistent routine: A baby can be taught to sleep in a crib from birth to about 15-18 months. After 15-18 months, some babies can climb out of a crib. From the beginning, parents should keep a consistent, unexciting bedtime routine, so their baby gets sleepy instead of stimulated. After putting the baby down to sleep, parents should stay where the baby cannot see them, if their baby is a hard-to-fall-asleep baby.
Dr. Scott Katz
Be Firm/Consistent: This is always easier advice to give than take, but it will work, and all books on the topic use some permutation of this advice. Put your baby in the crib when they are drowsy but still awake so they associate the crib with falling asleep. They will cry, but will learn to sleep in the crib in 7-10 days. Don't let them train you to rock them to sleep, bring to your bed, etc. They will be fine.
Quiet bedtime habits: From birth to about 15-18 months, a baby can be taught to sleep in a crib. After 15-18 months, some babies can climb out of a crib. From the beginning, parents should keep a consistent, unexciting bedtime routine, so their baby gets sleepy instead of stimulated. After putting the baby down to sleep, parents should stay where the baby cannot see them, if their baby is a hard-to-fall-asleep baby.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Patience: As long as you pander to him he will keep it up indefinitely. You have to leave him in the crib until lhe gets the message. It requires patience, love and understanding.Read a book on child care.
Agree w Dr. Lonsdale: It was one of the hardest things for me as a parent. I felt so distressed when my babies cried. I even cried when they had to get shots. What i mean is that i cried harder then they did. Sometimes they have to cry to sleep a bit before they learn to self soothe. Hope you are better at this than i was.