Albania
A 23-year-old female asked about a 20-year-old female:

is there any risk for girls studying medical imaging?

Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology 39 years experience
Essentially no.: All those working with x-rays and radioisotopes wear sensor tags to monitor the amount of radiation they receive. This is monitored monthly and extensive education is given to minimize radiation exposure. All this results in many people working with diagnostic radiation with no problems. Lastly, no radiation is encountered in ultrasound and MRI imaging.
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 21 years experience
Also, usually personal protective equipment (lead-lined vests and skirts) are issued to minimize radiation absorption into the body. Especially if you are in your reproductive years, you should use this protective equipment to prevent potential exposure. That will decrease the risk to about the same risk that you get from background radiation in the environment.
Nov 3, 2016