Saudi Arabia
A 43-year-old male asked about a male:

My 10 yr old son diagnosed with enlarge adenoids & advised nasal spray with anti allergic for 3 months before deciding surgery. is it imp to remove em?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Can't tell: Usually t ; a is not recommended lightly and i would doubt that a nasal spray (presumably cortisone) would affect them. If they are causing breathing problem or recurrent ear infections, then it should be considered. I suspect that your doctor is trying to sort out whether it is the nasal congestion is the real cause for the recurrent otitis media and sinus infection by using the nasal spray.

Last updated Jan 22, 2014