i have lower spinal arthiritis, i also hyper-extend my back naturally. i have these lumps above my hips that swell up and hurt, what are they?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
25 years experience Ophthalmology
Time for imaging: If you have any lumps that swell or hurt, it has to be imaged first in order to be diagnosed. A simple x-ray may be a good place to start, as any abnormality of bone will show up, and can be correlated with your spinal arthritis history. An MRI would show soft tissue features (muscle, tendon, cysts, etc). So , both together can yield the answers you're looking for.Until then, it's only speculati.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014