how prevalent his antibiotic resistance in regards to sepsis?

Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 17 years experience
Need more data: Sepsis is a syndrome - a constellation of symptoms - and can be caused by many kinds of bacteria. The likelihood of encountering a resistant bacterium in the general community is relatively low; nursing home residents, patients who have had recent antibiotics, and patients who have been recently hospitalized are at more risk. Infections obtained in the ICU or cystic fibrosis ward are the riskiest.
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Trauma Surgery 26 years experience
Generally unrelated: Sepsis is caused by common organisms and is unrelated to antibiotic resistance. There may be certain illnesses, that have higher prevalence of antibiotic resistant organisms than others, but generally speaking, there are more cases of sepsis caused by organisms susceptible to common antibiotics than to resistant strains.