i suddenly have painful sores along the tip of my tongue. any advice?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Yes: Set up an appointment with a dentist to have him\her examine you to determine the cause and suggest appropriate treatment, if necessary.
Dr. Robert Arm
Pathology 49 years experience
Tongue sore: Impossible to answer without history/exam.If ulcers treated one way;rash treated another.A biopsy may be needed.Can be aphthous ulcers(canker sores), geographic tongue;tongue biting;yeast;allergy.Tip of tongue often from rubbing tongue over teeth. This can cause pain/burning.Teeth may need to be smoothed, habit broken.Check with your dentist or a specialist in oral diagnosis/oral medicine/oral path.