United Kingdom (Great Britain)

When my body temperature changes i sneeze. what is that all about? also, sneezing is awfully painful on my throat and nose?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Vasovagal response: Vagus nerve creates that feeling of sudden cold after sneezing similar to shock like feeling you get when you are frightened. This is due to increased pressure near neck area. That is also the reason for pain in throat and nose the increased pressure. To help use slight pressure under your nose just above the lips "philtral dimple" this will help to reduce excess pressure during sneezing.

Last updated Aug 14, 2014