are panic attacks danger tomy heart?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Child Psychiatry 43 years experience
No: Panic attacks can make you feel like you are going to die, and the belief that your heart is going to stop is quite common. However, although it certainly can make your heart rate rise alarmingly, there is no direct damage to your heart or lungs or any other bodily organ.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Not really: Not unless you already have pretty serious cardiac problems.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Panic & heart: With a healthy heart, no danger. An attack shows rapid heart rate, not damage to heart.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
No: Not if they are panic attacks. It may be difficult to tell a heart attack from a panic attack as the symptoms may be similar. Often a person will go to the emergency room and be told nothing is wrong with their heart and what they had was panic. A dr can best determine which is which. But if it is panic, the heart is not damaged.