U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

If i have a flesh colored plaque in inner corner of my eye, do i see ophthalmologist or dermatologist? how can they test/treat it?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Ophthalmology 15 years experience
Ophthalmologist: A yellowish plaque could be pinguecula. You should use artificial tears, sunglasses, and a baseball cap. See your ophthalmologist for further advice.
Dr. Alfred H. Rivera
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
Eye doctor: Anything that involves the eye itself should be seen by an eye doctor. This is also true if a skin lesion is very near the eyelid.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 8, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.