Australia

30yr fit male. my leg will often go completely numb when constipated combined with a feeling of inability to to empty bladder when doing a bowel movement. is this normal? what could be the problem?

Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 45 years experience
See answer: Constipation related to any cause is commonly associated with difficulty urination (hesitancy, poor stream, difficulty emptying, etc) especially in older men with an enlarged prostate. Numbness in leg(s) though is not common and suggests a possible underlying neurological problem (which itself can cause voiding and bowel problems) and i would recommend you see an md for evaluation.
Dr. Brian Lynch
Number leg: I am sorry you're having these problems at this age you need to be evaluated as soon as possible . You should have none of these problems . I don't want to worry you but it could be nothing or it could be something serious. Don't be put off insist that this is looked into. Luck-- did you ever have a back injury?

Last updated Nov 11, 2020