Canada

my 10 yrs old has strong headache and nausea for 8 weeks. she can't go to school. mri shows mucosal retention cyst in maxilary sinus. is it related?

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Vague: I am not sure if it is related, but i was wondering if you have had more than one opinion on the problems. The 8 weeks is a major concern.
Dr. Malini Shah
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 32 years experience
Migraine: Sounds more like migraine however continuos headache in migraine are rare. Is there light or sound sensitivity? Mucosal cyst in maxillary sinus not likely to cause headache with nausea. Assuming MRI is ok and neurological lesions are ruled out, look for GI system.Is she eating ok? Good bowel movements? Stressors at school ? If at home social behavior ok?

Last updated Dec 24, 2014