I cannot flex my right foot upward.it feels weak and slightly achy it really annoying, what to do?

Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Podiatry 21 years experience
Weakness: Weakness in lifting the foot can be as benign as sleeping in the wrong position or having the legs crossed for too long, which can entrap a nerve and cause temporary paralysis. However, this type of weakness also presents in muscular dystrophy, stroke, and other neuromuscular conditions, which could be far more serious. You should get it checked out if it has lasted more tan a week or two.

Last updated Feb 25, 2014