could lightning strikes cause a seizure disorder?

Dr. Manoj Mittal
Neurology 16 years experience
Seizure: Yes. It's possible.
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 51 years experience
Yes: It is possible

What would need to know about someone with a seizure disorder?

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
See below:: Epilepsy is not contagious. It is not necessarily a disability, rather an inconvenience for the afflicted individual. No need to be overprotective. Make plans ahead of time to handle seizures. Be calm. Protect from potential injury. Never try to restrain the movements. Help them recover from the seizure (sleep is okay). Single seizure > 10 min or no recovery of consciousness necessitates 911 call.

Yerba mate is that allright to take if you have a seizure disorder?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Yerba mate: Yerba mate which comes from the holly plant can be had as a tea. Since it contains caffiene i would not suggest its use in a seizure disorder.

Is it safe to fly if you have a seizure disorder.

Dr. Prem Gupta
neurology 48 years experience
Yes: Assuming that you are not actively having seizures and controlled for at least 3-4 days it is safe to you can fly.
Raleigh, NC

Think I am having seizures, labs say no tho.ways 2 tell if i hav a seizure disorder.can u send me a link to take a quiz 2 see if i am having seizures.

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
No. To determine: whether or not you are having seizure activity, you need to see a neurologist & have an EEG. Depending on what symptoms you describe, the neurologist may order an EEG in the office, an overnight EEG or telemetry, a several-day, in-hospital EEG. The post-op tingling in your abdomen is from the healing of sensory nerves to the skin & underlying layers that were cut. It's normal.
FL

I have a seizure disorder and have been feeling like I'm daydreaming a lot but it only lasts about a second I know it's not a seizure Is this normal ?

Neurology 52 years experience
Explanation: You are likely experiencing auras, but not full blown seizures. This is a sign of incomplete epilepsy control and your meds need to be adjusted. Contact neurologist as intervention needs to be more effective.

Last updated Jun 15, 2017