Hi doctors, can you tell me what is microvascular ischemic? i just had an mri and this was my finding?

Dr. Majid Khan
Radiology 28 years experience
End arterial infarct: there are millions of end arteries in the brain and microvascular ischemia is tiny infarcts associated with closure of those vessels. Mostly seen in diabetic and hypertensive patients but has many other causes also. Good control of primary illness should stabilize the progression.
Dr. John Michel
Problems: Microvascular ischemia means the small blood vessels are having a hard time to get blood. There are some characteristic changes for this on imaging. This is abnormal of someone of your age. Could be related to diabetes. hypertension, or advanced arteriosclerosis for someone of your age. If this is a head MRI you need to see a neurologist.

Last updated Jun 18, 2018