allergy rhinitis for eyes. i was given a choice of ither patanol (olopatadine) or zaditen, which do you recommend?

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Allergy and Immunology 33 years experience
Eye allergy: For the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis, both Patanol (olopatadine) (a prescription eye drop) and zaditor (ketotifen) which is now otc are effective for relief. Both are prescribed twice a day. Neither burns as much as some others. Ketotifen which is available as alaway is significantly cheaper (unless insurance will pay for the patanol). I've had patients experience relief with both.