any suggestions for good comfortable dress shoes for men to prevent foot pain from standing all day at work?

3 doctor answers
Dr. David Laha
38 years experience Podiatry
Yes: In our office we usually recommend a good stiff shoe with a thicker sole and good support. Many times adding an over the counter support will make most shoes better. This depends on your foot type and the problems you are experiencing. You should replace your shoes at least every six months, if you wear the same pair of shoes daily. Dr l.
Answered on Nov 20, 2014
1
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
35 years experience Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Appropriate size: Shoe shopping is best done at end of the day. A well fitting shoe should have the insert which can cover a tracing of your foot and should have a deep enough toe box with soft leather uppers.
Answered on Dec 20, 2014
2
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Wide enough: The bottom line for finding a comfortable shoe is shop for them towards the end of the day. Also the insole of the shoe should be larger than the outline of the foot and be of conforming soft material.
Answered on Apr 24, 2016
1
3
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha commented
38 years experience Podiatry
I like a variety dress shoes. The right size and fit is most important. My favorites are Clarks, Ecco and Rockports
Jun 3, 2012