in our country, unfortunately there is no concept of taking blood tests in treatment of depression.how can i choose a good psychiatrist to pursue plz?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
If tests cannot: Be done at least find a doctor that can carefully distinguish between bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder. Follow the recommendations i made before and the issue of the clomipramine level can be left out as long as the psychiatrist will check your pulse and blood pressure and have the intuition as to when the dose is high enough for you. I am sorry to hear that psychiatry is practiced that way in your country, but there are many things that are not done in our country as well that are done inother places like europe and scandinavia.It sounds like overall your country has the resources to treatyou.
Answered on Apr 9, 2016