FL

I want high strength minimal metal framework for my removable denture appliance. is nobelium, as a metal, the name of one of them?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Metal Frameworks: Don't try to be a metallurgist. More important to strength and comfort than specific metals used in designing and fabricating removable denture appliances are the quality of the dentist and the dental lab. Find the best general dentist or prosthodontist you can in your area and leave the rest up to them. Explain to your dentist your wishes and priorities. She\he will take it from there. Implants?
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
No: There are a number of different alloys that can be used to fabricate the metal frame of a partial denture. A google search of the element nobelium came up with the following: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/nobelium.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Nobillium: Nobillium is a chrome cobalt metal used in frameworks. The lightest would be titanium.