India

I have a new wisdom tooth that's coming out really slow. i'm 25 years old and all my teeth have already come out, and this is new. the dentist had a l?

Dr. Brian Dyess
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 38 years experience
Normal: Not sure what your question was, but the usual age for wisdom teeth to erupt is 18-21. Eruption is an individualized occurrence and eruption at 25 may be normal for you. It also may be that the tooth has erupted as much as it can, but is impacted, or trapped, by adjacent teeth or bone. If your dentist is unsure, then a referral to an oral surgeon can answer your questions.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Dental eval needed: The. Est thing that you can do is to see a dentist and have this newly erupted tooth evaluated to see if you have enough space for it to come in and function without causing a problem for the adjacent teeth.

Last updated Feb 14, 2016