had swimmers ear infection had neomycin drops, my ear outside of canal and lobe swollen and inflamed? my outside ear is very large compared to other

3 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Alves
23 years experience Emergency Medicine
Get rechecked asap: If you are diabetic, go to er for recheck, otherwise, urgent follow up visit with your dr or an urgent care or an ENT to be sure is not an infection of the cartilage of the ear and just an uncooperative external otitis ("swimmer's ear") in need of med change.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1
Dr. Malini Shah
31 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Cellulitis: It seems you have developed periauricular cellulitis as a complication of otitis externa and need oral antibiotics please see a doctor. I am guessing you have warmth, erythema and edema (inflammation) of the affected ear.
Answered on Dec 2, 2017
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Swollen ear: Sounds like you are allergic to the neomycin. Check with your doctor for help.
Answered on Dec 26, 2013