A 32-year-old male asked about a male:

my uncle is in his fourth round of chemo for his lung cancer, and getting skinnier, can he use the bodybuilders product to regain his body mass?

Pathology 44 years experience
Probably: It's up to him in consultation with his oncologist. If he is an experienced muscle-builder, he's welcome to return to as much of the lifestyle as he can manage. It could help. But it is likely to be ineffective -- cancer changes muscle and nerve. Zebra, you may not have your uncle much longer. Be there, but don't push him, especially with hopes that may be unrealistic.
Dr. Joshua Garren
Radiation Oncology 24 years experience
Yes: Nutritional supplements are reasonable, but remember that forcing patients to eat is associated more often with diminished survival than improved survival. Best advice: give him his favorite foods as much as he can tolerate them. Consider appetite stimulants (menace or marinol). They also don't make you live longer, but when they work they can improve quality of life.
Pathology 44 years experience
This is very good advice. Thank you.
Dec 29, 2013