Colorado Springs, CO

I have had my knee scope and repair to my meniscus 6 months ago and it still hurting and a burn once and a while. how long should it take to heal?

Dr. Harlan Stratton
Orthopedic Surgery 47 years experience
Poss Meniscus injury: A meniscal repair requires 6-12 months to completely heal. If you are still having significant knee symptoms, you may need to have a repeat MRI of the knee to assess the meniscus tissue. At your age, there is also the question of osteoarthritis being a cause for the knee pain. A repeat visit with your surgeon is definitely in order.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014