how fast progresses aged related macular degeneration?

Dr. Richard Wieder
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Macular degeneration: Usually is a slowly progressive condition, especially for those who have the dry type. Some patients progress further to the wet type, where there is leakage of fluid or blood in the macula. These patients will often experience more rapid worsening or distortion of their vision and may need treatment to manage this.
Dr. Abdul Khan
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
It is variable. : Typically dry macular degeneration is slower in progression, may take years to progress. Wet macular degeneration typically causes sudden central loss of vision.