U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

For cholesterol blood tests, what are the differences in lipid panels?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
CMS panel: Centers of medicare and medicaid services has panel for lipid profile. The test should be done on fasting blood sample and the entities measured are total cholesterol, HDL and triglycerides. Ldl and vldl are calculated. See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003491.htm.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.