my wisdom tooth is a tiny bit crooked so it scraped my cheek. the tooth is straighter so it doesn't scrape anymore. what is it? it's still hurts.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Denat evaluation: See a dentist to determine if you have enough space for the wisdom tooth to erupt and function normally. If there is not enough space then it should be removed to prevent problems in the wisdom tooth and also the neighboring tooth.
Answered on Feb 9, 2016
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Wisdom teeth: Not all wisdom teeth that hurt need to be removed and not all wisdom teeth that are asymptomatic should be left. The position of the tooth, the likelihood that it will come in straight and without jeopardizing the health of adjacent teeth, bone and gums all need to be evaluated. Early intervention is better than waiting for an emergency of pain and swelling. See your own dentist for an evaluation.
Answered on Jan 21, 2016
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Wisdom tooth : in many cases wisdom teeth should be extracted due to complications associated with the presence of tooth decay or gums. It is a common procedure, generally performed under local anesthesia, intravenous (IV) sedation, or general anesthesia by a specially trained dentist or oral surgeon. Often extracting a wisdom tooth is the best solution. See your dentist for x-ray and evaluation.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014