I had a bump on my head 3 weeks ago. i scratched it and peeled the scab. now i have a bald spot my head. how do i get hair growing back on the spot?

Dr. Ellen Turner
Dermatology 20 years experience
Time and patience.: It sounds as though the hair was traumatically removed with the scab. Since you did not have issues prior the scab, it will simply take time and patience to see the hair regrow. Viviscal is a nice over the counter treatment that may speed up the process of hair regrowth in areas such as yours. If the bald spot starts to enlarge, see a doctor. You may have a condition called alopecia aereata.

Last updated Apr 26, 2017