i had a tummy tuck back feb 2013 an i have a peice of skin on my left side how can plastic surgeons get rid of it my pics of it r in my files please help?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Exam Needed: I am not sure what you mean by "how" can a plastic surgeon get rid of it. That is what surgeons do. You need an examination by a surgeon and that examination will lead to a conversation on what they can do for you.
Answered on Mar 22, 2020
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
40 years experience Plastic Surgery
As Dr. Killian noted, you need a consultation and I agree with Dr. Brown, it is most likely a dog ear which would require excision of the redundant tissue. This is very common and easy to fix (minor procedure), so try not to fret and go see your surgeon (or another board certified plastic surgeon.
Dec 1, 2018
Dr. Steven Brown
38 years experience Hand Surgery
most likely a dog ear deformity a common issue with abdominoplasty closures. Would require excision of the redundant tissue.
Dec 14, 2013
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Dog ears?: It sounds as if you have a dog ear. This is an extra piece of skin when a tummy tuck is performed. It commonly results from trying to keep the scar as short as possible or when a patient needs an extended tummy tuck or body lift to remove marked excess cutaneous redundancy. I typically recommend waiting 6-9 months before considering a touch up excision in order to allow time for skin contraction.
Answered on Dec 15, 2013
1