is it ok to have fruit jam during typhoid..and candies?

Dr. Boris Ripa
Yes!: You can take some of them.

Can you get typhoid from kissing?

No, not usually: Typhoid fever (Salmonella typhi) is from the stool (poop) of infected people and is not in the saliva. However, if an infected person accidentally transferred traces of poop from his hands to his face (due to poor handwashing habits), and then he got kissed by an uninfected person, the uninfected person could swallow enough salmonella typhi bacteria to contract typhoid fever.

How can you avoid getting typhoid?

Dr. Walid Abuhammour
Clean water and cock: Clean water and eating cocked food.
Dr. Booth Wainscoat
Infectious Disease 21 years experience
clean water and WHAT???????
Jan 18, 2012

Doctor diagnosis me that I have typhoid. And I have to admit. What precaution should need to take in this case?

Dr. Vidya Valada
Typhoid vaccine: Typhoid is a disease that happens usually from exposure to contaminated water and food. There is a typhoid vaccine you can take to prevent the disease. When in areas of the world with typhoid you should consume only properly purified water and you should follow proper hand washing if you are preparing food. The typhoid vaccine should be taken 2-4 weeks before travel to these areas.

Will typhoid stop me from going on my vacation?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
No better not: Typhoid is contiguous to other human.

Are there good ways to avoid typhoid?

Dr. Eric L. Weiss
Travel Medicine 37 years experience
Food hygiene/vaccine: Typhoid fever is a common (worldwide) infection with salmonella typhi bacteria caught via fecally contaminated food and water (human poop in your food or water. Yuck, but happens). Be careful what you eat ("boil it, peel it, cook it, or forget it"). There are two vaccines (oral & injection) available which work reasonably well. Also gastric acidity helps, so extra caution if you take antacids!