Walnut Creek, CA

I have anxiety/tapering off klonopin (clonazepam). used to be that my h.r. = really fast. now h.r. is normal and my upper body moves suddenly. labs all ok! am i ok

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Depends upon speed: Of the taper and what the original dose was you were taking and how long you were taking it. The symptoms you are experiencing are called myoclonus. It can be followed by seizures. I would recommend that you contact your treating physician and find out what you should do next. Do not drive or operate dangerous machinery or take a shower or a bath until this issue is settled. Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday.

Last updated Dec 8, 2013