broke ring finger @ 3rd distal interphalangeal joint 2yrs ago hit a brick wall holding garden scissors its hurting xrays?didnt go 2 doc @ first

3 doctor answers
Dr. Tariq Niazi
43 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Need xrays to dx ---: The problem. By now I am sure you have developed arthritis in it, which is possibly hurting you. See an orthopod or a hand surgeon, to be evaluated and investigated, ; then treated. Good luck. In the meantime, take some pain meds..
Answered on Dec 7, 2013
Dr. Steven Brown
39 years experience Hand Surgery
Arthritis: Intra articular fracture puts you at risk for degenerative arthritis of the joint resulting in pain and decreased motion. Recommend x-ray and hand surgery consult. Very painful degenerative changes could require joint fusion.
Answered on Apr 18, 2014
1
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
35 years experience Hand Surgery
An old intrarticular: Fracture in the distal joint can lead to slight sublixatoons and now the joint is beginn g to get arthrtis. An xray, then a small splint of just the tip or even taping the joint with a figure of 8 configutions ( not tight) may help. See a hand surgoen.
Answered on Dec 7, 2013