Australia

is anorexia and depression related, been prescribed medication such as mirtazapine , but so scared to take because the fear of gaining weight?

Dr. Patrick Tapia
Talk with your MD: I would discuss your feelings with the doctor who is working with you. You may need to also see a therapist as well. The fear you describe is understandable and very real although your brain needs nourishment to be able to overcome the trepidation and be able to be make a health affirming decision. The change in weight challenges your perfectionism but sometimes a challenge is good! stay safe!
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Can be related: People with eating disorders like anorexia may also become depressed, and both disorders need treatment. If you have fears associated with mirtazepine, i hope you'll discuss these with your psychiatrist and psychologist. Mirtazepine can be extremely helpful with poor sleep ; appetite in depression, and anxiety. Psychotherapy is essential in learning to deal with your eating disorder. Be well.