why do i feel a burning sensation in my stomach? it makes loud noises and i don't feel hungry. and it is mostly everday now

Dr. Donald Jacobson
39 years experience Psychiatry
Stomach irritation: I see that you're on advil .I would recommend that you stop that and switch to tylenol (acetaminophen). You may have either caused gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach or even worse an ulcer by using advil . I recommend that you set up an appointment with your family practitioner for an appropriate work-up. In the meanwhile i would recommend that you get either Prilosec or Pepcid over-the-counter to start the healing process. If you find any signs of dark tarry stool that is extremely smelly or developany blood in your stool then i would recommend that you go to the er. The same holds true if you develop any severe abdominal pain that lasts for four hours or more. Best wishes.
Answered on Oct 24, 2017