please tell me if i should get my cavities filled or wisdom teeth out first?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Daniel Quon
41 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Depends: The answer will depend upon which problem is the more acute problem. Generally, if you have asymptomatic impacted wisdom teeth indicated for removal and decay in other teeth, it would be more prudent to take care of the decayed teeth first to prevent additional damage, and then have your wisdom teeth removed. If you have teeth that cannot be restored, they can be removed with the wisdom teeth.
Answered on Dec 15, 2013
Dr. Sherly Alex
17 years experience Dentistry
Cavities..: If the wisdom teeth is not hurting, you would want your cavities to be filled first. Have your dentist evaluate you to make that determination.
Answered on Nov 26, 2016
1