how can you know the severity of your diagnosed disorders? for me , how do the doctor know the severity? based on the tova for adhd?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Keith Ramsey
35 years experience Adolescent Medicine
Different Scales: There are different questionnaires that help to determine how much adhd is affecting you and how severe your symptoms are. I use conners and sometimes vanderbilt. I have never used tova and I have never worked with anyone who uses it. So, i don't know about tova and if it is useful, reliable, etc.
Answered on Dec 6, 2013
Dr. Carla Enriquez
49 years experience Pediatrics
Many ways: Assessing severity and intensity of disease is a clinical judgment, made by the doctor, not the result of a test level. Your tova may show awful results, but your adhd may impact your life minimally. Conversely, you may have a normal tova and have far reaching problems with untreated adhd.
Answered on Dec 16, 2013
1