braces vs invasalign. which one is cheaper and better for full-scale straightening?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Cheaper ?: Hard to say... Office set their own fees, so you would need to consult with the office that will be treating you. Regarding better, invisalign is terrific for many malocclusions, but brackets and wires offer more control and fine tuning to the orthodontist. Since it is unknown how crooked your teeth are, the orthodontist treating you can advise which is best for you.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Ortho consult: These questions are best answered by seeing a qualified orthodontist who can examine you and determine what is best for you, rather than have us give you some generalizations. Having said that, orthodontists prefer conventional braces as they have more control. Invisalign is a good alternative for certain situations. Cheap is usually not best. Fees vary. Get a consult (or two) and then decide.
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Orthodontics 30 years experience
All Depends: I personally prefer fixed orthodontic treatment (i have more control over the tooth movement). Invisalign comes with a cost to the orthodontist from the lab that produces the clear aligner trays, which is over and above the cost for treatment. You need to ask your orthodontic provider. In many instances, clear aligner treatment is more expensive.
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Orthodontics 28 years experience
Braces: definitely cheaper, better and more effective. Some orthodontists push invisalign as its more profitable. This all coming from an orthodontist (me) who is a preferred provider of invisalign. Don't get me wrong, its a great treatment for those who don't want metal, but if you don't care, metal braces are definitely the way to go
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Jun 26, 2014
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Braces: Cheaper and twice as effective. Please see a fully qualified Orthodontic Specialist for care.