Lucedale, MS

what could cause hand swelling(past 3days)? the only thing i've done different recently is change multivitamins last month. i'm 25/female

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Could be a number of: Reasons: injury, that you might not remember; infection: from a insect bite or a scratch that you might not even know you had, on the hand/arm; or infection spreading via blood from elsewhere in the body; inflammation from any cause; or enlarged nodes in the armpit area or the elbow from any cause. See your pcp or an orthopod/hand surgeon.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
See details: If both hands are swollen, it could be an acute inflammatory arthritis. If only a single hand is involved, it is likely a local issue.