i have bronchiectasis occasionally there is a slight spec of blood in the phlegm i cough up. is this normal?

Dr. Durga Komaragiri
Yes: Occ spotting of blood in sputum not uncommon in above patients. If worsening symptoms please see pcp.
Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Allergy and Immunology
Not normal, happens: Bronchiectasis by itself is an abnormality of the respiratory system. Hemoptysis (coughing up blood), can be a symptom of the disease. If it is a new symptom, you need to see your physician, to make sure there is no other cause for the blood, particularly if you are or were a smoker.