i believe i pulled my achilles playing racquet ball the other night. it felt like someone kicked me andheld my foot down. i can't put pressure on toes?

Dr. John Hanna
Yes: It sounds like you definitely made the diagnosis. You might even have torn it a little. Frequent ice and place a small wad of fabric in the heel of the shoe and consider a support stocking or ace wrap to help with the swelling. If you cannot walk without a limp, see your doctor.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
See a doctor...: You may have a partial or complete rupture. See a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon for evaluation asap!
Dr. Robert Hadfield
Podiatry 13 years experience
Possible Tear: It is possible you partially tore your achilles tendon. You should see a doctor right away and may need an MRI for diagnosis. A partial tear can become a full tear, which requires surgery. Feeling like someone kicked you and inability to bear weight are hallmark symptoms of an achilles tear.
Dr. David Bloome
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Possible rupture: Patients who suffer achilles ruptures often report feeling hit or kicked in the area and then realizing no one is around them. I recommend you see an orthopedist for an evaluation and recommendations as soon as possible.