is it possible for you to take motrin and lasix (furosemide) at the same time?

Dr. Armen Margaryan
Nephrology and Dialysis 23 years experience
Motrin+Lasix: In general nsaids such as Motrin are known for their potential side effects on kidneys. Lasix (furosemide) can make you dehydrated and more prone to the adverse effects of motrin, therefore i would recommend that you exercise caution with Motrin and limit it to short periods of time and low dosing.
A/W Dr. Margaryan: Drug interaction checker indicates that there is potential for moderate drug interaction with furosemide (lasix) & motrin (ibuprofen). If these medications are used together both renal function & blood pressure should be monitored & dosage adjustments could be required.