Cumming, GA

my 10 month old is breastfed but underweight. shes not that interested in solids and hates formula. any ideas on how to pack on the pounds? thanx

Dr. Thomas Riney
Wean from breast: Breast feeding after 6months has been reported to have problems like you are experiencing.
Dr. Andrew Ho
Underweight?: How underweight is your child? Look at the percentile - and realize that there is a wide range of "normal". To encourage food introduction, make sure your baby is in the right mood. Think about how the atmosphere of a restaurant affects appetite. Be calm, patient, keep first foods simple, small quantity. Parental anxiety kills appetite. A well fed person will be less interested in food.
Dr. Lucinda DeMarco
Lean and mean: The real question is she growing on her growth curve or is she just a lower percentile for weight than height. Packing on the pounds isn't good. I would continue to nurse her, make sure you are eating well, and continue to offer her table foods. Don't worry about formula. I think you will find this will all work out. If your doctor is concerned, then they should be able to help you as well.