Egypt

how can kids be affected by divorce? kids ages are 4 years old...boy...and one year and 3 months girl...

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
It depends: Divorce is never good, but a well done one can be better for a child than a bad marriage. Being respectful and gentle in acts ; words with each family member can help. Change can be more or less hard. How it's handled is important. If they are okay now ; it's done carefully, it can be alright. Expect some signs of distress - you'll all hurt awhile - be patient , honest ; open, but discreet. Best!
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Get help: You have asked three very important questions about your marriage, abuse, violence, sexuality, and children. I recommend you consult with your children's pediatrician immediately and make sure your children are safe. Then get a recommendation for a counselor, to help you through with this very difficult situation. While children tend to be very resilient, they do need to be protected at this age.