Dillsburg, PA

i ate half of a raw chicken i didn't know it could hurt you till my friend told me then i researched it i'm scared that i'm gonna get salmonella.

Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
Nothing to be done: You'll either get it or you won't, but there's nothing you can do about it now. If you get it, you 'll get sick, and then you'll recover. Live and learn!
Salmonella: Agree with Dr. Gallant. Hydrate well. Most of the time, no treatment is required for Salmonellosis. Oral hydration is important. Antibiotics may be used for at risk individuals (such as infants < 3 months old) or if complications arise. IV hydration is sometimes indicated.