cat scratched my eye friday and went to the er on sunday, they said i had a big cornea abrasion. is it normal to have no pain but swollen eye lid?

Dr. Richard Wieder
35 years experience Ophthalmology
Eye injury: It is possible to have a swollen eyelid without having eye pain. I doubt that you have a corneal abrasion though. If this did take place, you would have a significant degree of pain in that eye. Regardless, you should follow up with an ophthalmologist to make sure everything is ok. The bacteria in animals' claws can cause serious eye infections if you did actually have a corneal abrasion.
Answered on Nov 13, 2013
1